Pilates Mat Class begins September 12 - December 12.
This class will include the Triad Ball, small barrels, weights and magic circles. All levels are invited! Time to begin a healthy habit!
It is a 12 week series with one make -up day or a class for free if you attend all classes. Up front cost to sign up is $144. Unused sessions will expire after December 12.
A Delicious Anti-inflammatory Drink from Margie Schaeffer of Synergy Massage
Turmeric has been proven to reduce or eliminate pain better than leading prescription medications. Tumeric is best absorbed in the body if prepare it as a tea this way..........
3 parts fresh turmeric root (use equvilent of 3 pieces 3 inches by 1/2 inch)
1 part fresh ginger root (use 1 piece 3 inches by 1/2 inch)
1 cinnamon stick
2 cranks of black pepper
- Remove outer skin of turmeric and ginger with either a carrot grater or knife and cut into nickel thickness pieces.
- Put 12 oz of water in a small saucepan. (1 large mug)
- Add turmeric root, ginger root and cinnamon stick and bring to a boil, then steep for 5-10 minutes.
- (At first the root is very strong so you don't need to steep it for very long, but as the root begins to age you need to steep for a longer period of time.)
- Crank 2 twists of black pepper into mug.
- Pour the tea through a strainer into the mug and enjoy 1 - 2 times daily.
- Store turmeric, ginger and cinnamon stick in covered glass jar in refrigerator. You can use same mixture for 7-10 days before root is exhausted. Margie cuts the root into smaller and smaller pieces as it gets weaker.
This anti inflammatory drink is sure to relieve you of a number of health conditions, Enjoy!
Margie has been drinking this anti-inflammatory tea for 8 months first thing in the morning and last thing at night. She has been relieved of inflammation in her feet, left wrist and thumb, and both knees. She would love all her clients to drink this beverage so their soft tissue will respond to massage/bodywork more effectively!!!!!
Pilates mat with triad ball for all levels
Have fun because this is a safe class for all. Varied levels are introduced and monitored with modifications for all. There is challenge for each student at their level and safety for those who have limits.
Weights, barrels, magic circles are also used to enhance your work out!
Pilates mat for youth ages 10-15
This is beginner level designed with a youthful body in mind. The basic through intermediate exercises are explained and demonstrated. Careful observation is given to insure correct alignment and execution of the exercises. Transitions are learned to connect the exercises in order to begin to establish a flow through all movements. Ideal for athletes, dancers and skaters.
Private Prenatal / Post-Partum Pilates are available